"If you are lucky enough to have lived in Paris as a young man, then wherever you go for the rest of your life, it stays with you, for all of Paris is a moveable feast." -Ernest Hemingway

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

airport mumblings

So I've made it through part one of the trip! I'm in Heathrow airport right now, waiting for my flight that's supposed to start boarding in a half hour. Surprisingly it took me literally five minutes to get through security at Logan (here it took more like a half hour...ugh), and I was having this "nervous excitement." But Amara Katherine Dieter sent some amazing texts for which I love her and wish we could have been studying in Paris at the same time! (AKD, je te manque deja!) The flight over here was fine and I sat next to a girl who's studying abroad in Lyons. Hearing the accent is making me kind of want to stay, I must admit (and of course among other things). But I have to remind myself that I'm going to be here after graduation (fingers crossed) and I really came to study abroad for the language...but still, I can't help but get excited for my next trip! I know, really ridiculous I should "live in the moment" but I can't help it, I haven't slept yet. Right now I'm sitting across from two men speaking in French, and I'm trying to snoop in on their conversation. I'm getting excited for that. Not snooping, per se, but speaking French! My flight's now boarding, gotta go! Love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment