"If you are lucky enough to have lived in Paris as a young man, then wherever you go for the rest of your life, it stays with you, for all of Paris is a moveable feast." -Ernest Hemingway

Monday, March 1, 2010

my mistake...

Haha I lied. Literally not an hour after I posted that did I buy my plane ticket to Florence. I know, I'm kind of feeling guilty for going back to a place I've already been to, least of all spent four months studying in, but after skyping with Nina I felt really nostalgic and couldn't help but take advantage of the really good deal RyanAir was giving me. Plus my mouth is watering just thinking about going back to il Gato e la Volpe (and going back to the Duomo, and the Leather Market, and nutella gelato...except the only Italian words I've managed to retain while learning French are quindi, allora, va bene, grazie, and ciao). I'm going the end of March. And then for the entire day I pretty much got the travel bug and decided there were just a few places in France that I'll regret not going to. So my game plan is to hit up Marseille, the Loire Valley (specifically Tours for some chateaux-hopping), and possibly Bretagne this semester (even though it's almost half-over!). I still feel kind of guilty having that limit my already limited amount of time for weekends in Paris, but I'll have the entire week that Natty's here to visit me during the second week of my spring break to take advantage of the (hopefully) beautiful spring weather and picnic, etc--all the things I've been craving to do here. I don't mean to post so many posts, it's just that I felt like a hypocrite after just posting that...

No comments:

Post a Comment