"If you are lucky enough to have lived in Paris as a young man, then wherever you go for the rest of your life, it stays with you, for all of Paris is a moveable feast." -Ernest Hemingway

Sunday, February 28, 2010

a desire to become Parisian

I have no interest in leaving France, whatsoever. Or even Paris. Is that weird? I find that a little bit weird...I mean, apart from one week of my spring break WWOOFing in the south of France (more on that when I get more confirmed details), I don't have any plans to travel (also aside from the free excursion to La Rochelle in April). A couple weeks ago I planned on going somewhere in France the second weekend of March, after David comes to visit, but now that I'm thinking about it I can't imagine being away...But I've already done the Euro-trip experience, I've already traveled across Europe, and I think I'll be just as content having wacky stories about my encounters with Parisians than adding to my collection of crazy airport stories, or getting lost in a random country. The latter sounds exciting and all, but I've realized that my main goal is that when I go home and someone asks me if I've been to thisplace or thatplace in Paris, I'll be able to say, why yes, of course, I've been there five times! Or something like that. Because I have classes all day from Monday to Thursday (and these are no "study abroad" classes, either. NYU in Paris unfortunately likes to be quite academic) and an incredible amount of reading, I don't have time to go and explore until the weekend. So how can I even consider leaving?

And after thinking about it (even though it doesn't really take much thinking...) I've decided to add more pictures to this blog, to give you a break from my incessant venting or droning or whining or whatnot. So I'll end this post with this pretty picture:

No comments:

Post a Comment