"If you are lucky enough to have lived in Paris as a young man, then wherever you go for the rest of your life, it stays with you, for all of Paris is a moveable feast." -Ernest Hemingway

Thursday, April 15, 2010

A Past and Future (Brief) Hiatus

Wow. Sorry it's been so long. I guess the reason for that is the fact that I've been incredibly stressed lately. More so than in New York, and probably that's because I don't have Bobst to crawl into when things get hard, so I can spend an all-nighter and work everything out. Instead here we have a fake library, complete with horrible internet access (at least at school), which...actually closes. But whatever. All of my 230948 papers are done now (who said this is study abroad?) and I don't want to think about them anymore. So I went to La Rochelle last weekend with a big portion of the program and it was beautifully sunny and we actually got to see the ocean and eat really good food, try all different types of cognac at a chateau, rode bikes around a beautiful island, tried sea urchin and escargot, and came back incredibly pooped, totally not ready for hell-week to begin, which always happens right before spring break. Sorry, this is going to be a lame post because I'm incredibly tired from not sleeping and hopped up on lots and lots of allergy meds (as always every spring) and ready to leave for my 10:30pm train tonight to the French Riviera!! I'm going technically by myself the entire trip, but in Menton I'm going to meet up with a friend and hang out with her for a few days. So here's my itinerary: Menton to Annecy to Tours (I'm not really staying in the city, just setting up camp there so I can go biking to see all the chateaux)! I'm incredibly excited but also incredibly anxious at traveling by myself, just because I'll be by myself for a whole week! Haha, who does that?? And it's weird that I'm not going to be seeing my friends here in Paris for a whole two weeks, since we literally see each other every single day. But we had a nice goodbye over an amazing steak frites lunch. Okay, well I have to go pack, but next time I'll be back from spring break and hopefully have amazing things to tell!

No comments:

Post a Comment